Saturday, January 17, 2009

Helsinki !!! ~ in music...

(... and music men & one music woman!)

It was heavenly. The country, the city, the music and especially the people! I just didn't realize I would need to wear so many layers , while out and about, in heaven!

;)

First, I present you with

my friends: Pekko, Sirpa, Jann and Wille (that's pronounced Ville~ah)

aka: THE JADE!
I love them!!!
(Please see below for video links of these performances!)




Jann has the most beautiful smile and he's so much fun! A good driver too!



Ohhh.... the emotion and the passion!!!! Yes, I love those too!

I'll admit, he was sort of intimidating at first. He has to be 6'6" tall ~ minimum ~ and he's such a striking figure.


You have to love a man on his knees! Well, maybe you don't have to. But, I do!
;)














Pekko is simply an amazing talent and a beautiful sight to behold. He writes most of The Jade's songs and he smells divine!!!
(Gives great hugs too. They all do!)


I think he's also the best smelling man in the world! Seriously!

This woman (Sirpa) is absolutely beautiful!!! Inside and out!

To sum it all up: The Jade is wonderful. Every member of the Jade is wonderful. And, their friends ~ in Helsinki ~ are wonderful too!!!

Oh, how I miss hearing Ven~dee! I loved it!


I better move on. I could be here all night posting pictures of The Jade!


*drum roll*

Ladies and Gentlemen ~ fans of Rock N Roll ~ please give a rousing round of applause for:


The one (two, actually) and only, legendary Andy McCoy & Michael Monroe


band known as: HANOI ROCKS














Was that a great way to ring in the new year? Hell yeah, it was!


Here are more of the musicians performing at The Rokkers' Ball. Sorry, I don't remember their names or the names of the bands. I really, really do need to start taking notes! But, that might interfere with the singing, dancing and chatting with folks. Isn't it enough I take the pictures and videos?



Yeah, I know. I did get the important parts! *big wink*







Here are the links to those videos (I stongly recommend watching these videos in High Quality):
The Jade:
Roses Are Burning
"Drowning"
"Where Is The Fire"
"The Sun Will Show"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HANOI ROCKS:
Mr. Michael Monroe introduces the band and they proceed to jam!
"Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"
(Was it only yesterday that you came my way; or was it a long long time ago...)
"Don't you ever leave me giiir~iirl"
(and " give her great big kiss, like this *SMACK*")
Hell yeah!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I have more videos on my youtube channel. Feel free to watch those as well!
Can we do new year's eve all over again. The entire first week+ of January would be great to do again!
Remember: Live, Love, Laugh and Listen (to live music)!
Hugs and Much Love,
Wendy

8 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!
    thanks love!
    I have only had a quick look as we are heading out so i have to get ready, but they are great pics and I'll have a slower look when I have time, thanks for putting it all together and so glad you had such a fantastic time!!

    SMOOOOOOOOOOCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blows kisses to sugarplum*

    It seems my internet is working much better now, but I'm not hanging on to that hope much longer so:

    Those are some muy excellente pictures sugarplum!! And wow, that frontman of The Jade is absolutely gorgeous ;D

    I am soo jealous you got to go to Finland!!! I still want to go!!!!!!

    Not to mention New Orleans :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo my dear cousin,

    I didn´t knwo you actually went to finland, I just knew that you were thinking about going to helldone...
    damn I´m jealous ^^ :(
    so how are you? missing finland already huh? I´m doing ok, just missing my finland... we had really cold weather here and it reminded me so much of wintertime in finland :(
    so you have to tell me more about your trip! where did you stay in helsinki, did you visit other towns? what do you think about, helsinki, finland, the finns, the food, the alcohol especially cider yammieee ..

    we should definetely both move to finland maybe start our own business and finnish.... go ahead ;) mä puhun suomea, mutta suomea on tosi vaikkea ja mun suomea on huonoa..mutta suomi on sikasiisti ;)

    I know a lot of questions but I´m so curious....

    nice greets from grey germany *hugs*

    pixie

    ps: you definetely own me an email, i was wondering where you disappeared to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading my comment now.... a lot of mistakes in my sentences ^^ but when I talk about finland I always get so excited ;)

    btw do you just follow the finnish musicscene or also for example the sportscene?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ergo, Sweetcheeks and cousin Pixie!!!

    Thank you all for stopping by and taking a look at my pictures!

    I'm still working on the other pictures. Ya'll know, the non human sights.
    ;)

    Sweetcheeks: He is gorgeous, isn't he?! You should see him in person. Pekko is also beautiful. His pictures don't do him justice. Not even close!

    *wonders where Kass and Possum are to wallow in this shallowness with me*

    Pixie: When I make a decision, I make a decision. I stick to it too! LOL!!!!

    Don't worry about any mistakes. I don't grade. I also don't use perfect grammar when having a conversation. Here or out there in the real world. Always trying to be perfect has got to take a lot of fun out of life. Who has time for it?!

    I don't blame you for getting excited, either. I LOVED IT PIXIE!!! Everything about it! I do miss it.

    I've also decided that I'm going back ~ sooner rather than later.

    I hope you can meet me there next time. That would be so much fun!!!!

    Yep, I found my heaven on earth. I knew I would! I have no doubt that next time it will be more heavenly! ;)

    Hugs and Much Love,
    Wendy

    PS: I don't follow any sports, Pixie! I'm sports knowledge deficient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *is enjoying playing in the shallows!*

    Great photos, Ven-dee!!! Have you sent any to The Jade, because that one of Wille(?), with his thumb up, is a super (but a little bit scary!)one!

    *splashes around a bit more*

    Jann is a good driver?! O_o

    Okay, details please. =)

    Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. I shall cruise through your lovely videos when the non-finnish music appreciating people behind me are in bed! I know! It's shocking! ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Possum!!! Thanks for dropping in to you too!

    I knew you would enjoy wallowing in those shallows with me! ;)

    Ohhhh.... don't let BC and Ergo fool you. They enjoy it too!

    Now, cousin Pixie, I don't know if she likes going as shallow as we do; but....
    with much determination and dedicaton...
    we can train her!

    ;)

    And: What huh? "Non-finnish music appreciating people"? I've never heard such blashemy!

    We must try out best to save them, Possum! We must!!!!
    *big smile*

    Hugs and Much Love,
    6/Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excuse me, but if we are going to have a licksome three, I need to be informed before hand -so I can dress accordingly. And pack the goodies.
    :)

    Well hiya there Wendy dear. How goes it oh traveling one?? ;p Missed ya grand!! And I had all this deep thought to share with you, it was most impressive -I'm telling you! But then I saw that guy with the longish black hair -and well, all that deep whatever moved south... So never mind that!! Glad ya seemed to enjoy yaself! I've missed much of the happenings around BB of late, but I been thinkin (and savin the licks) for ya! I miss ya! So drop me a line when ya can of how ya doing. If ya don't hear back from me for a bit, I've just lost internet for a few days -ONCE AGAIN. Life is thus, when we cannot Connect. ;p You sound happy Wendy loves, so that does it for me! Keep it up will ya?? Hope to catch you soon, and I hope everything is going magically for ya loves! Kiss, lick and pinch -you know I have too, loves!

    (ps. Dave wants to know if you like strawberry flavor??) ;D

    ReplyDelete